Update to Version v2.0c (8th April 2020)
Update v2.0c is including:
- Flight Dynamics:
- Engine oil temp and CHT temps tuneup with the focus on prolonged climbing.
- Differential braking is a bit less sensitive now (more rudder input is needed in case of using a twist/rudder joystick).
Update to Version v2.0 (30th March 2020)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v2.0 is including:
- Flight Dynamics:
- Extensive flight dynamics tuneup for the Aeromatic propeller simulation.
- Performance and handling characteristics tuneup.
- External luggage pods are now affecting overall drag when placed/removed.
- External luggage pods may placed empty, or being loaded via the weight and balance setup. Weight and drag are differential, meaning that the pods may be installed while empty. This will add their drag to the overall drag without relation to their weight.
- Nosewheel castor limit was set to 65 degrees.
- 3D modeling improvements:
- Cockpit front panel remodeled with flushed-gauges and improved appearance.
- Old Bendix Transponder replaced with new custom GTX 330.
- Old GNS530 Remodeled and replaced with a new one.
- Interior composite structure remodeled, re-textured with higher resolution.
- Interior canopy element repainted.
- Aux Fuel Pump light bulb was replaced with a new one (3D modeled, LIT).
- Passenger is now visible from 1st person pilot view (can be removed by reducing it's weight via the payload setup).
- Pilot hands are on the controls, animated (visible from external view only).
- Systems, operation and interactions:
- Vertical Speed Indicator was re-calibrated.
- External luggage pods interaction is now different: Pods are visible by default, and by that are affecting drag. To remove/install them, simply click on the upper wing area in front of the fuel tank caps, or, assign Custom Slider#11 in X-Plane's assignments setup.
- New instrument gauges lighting for night-flying capability.
- Fuel tank selector is now switched to 'OFF' in cold and dark start.
- Weight and balance:
- The aircraft is now being loaded with two persons on board, and empty wing pods. to change these before flight, simply set the aircraft payload in X-Plane menu.
- General stuff:
- 'VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ ESSENTIALS' instructions were added to the POH folder.
- The Red/White N79RA livery is now the default one. The Plain White paint was added as a separate livery.
Update to Version v1.6 (10th November 2019)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.6 is including:
- Flight Dynamics Model was updated to X-Plane 11.40+ Experimental flight model.
Update to Version v1.5 (19th October 2019)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.5 is including:
- STMA Autoupdater plugin was added as preparations for future updates.
Update to Version v1.4 (26th November 2018)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.4 is including:
- Luggage pods are now removed, and will be added and visible only when the payload is set to exceed ~360 pounds (to include pilot/pilots and luggage), in the weight and balance settings in X-Plane.
- Engine power tuneups.
- High Angle of Attack handling tuneups.
- 3D modeling refinements.
Update to Version v1.3 (2nd November 2018)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.3 is including:
- Fix to Joystick command issues with X-Plane 11.30b1+
Update to Version v1.2a (30th July 2018)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.2a is including:
- Flight Dynamics model fix for engine exhaust point
Update to Version v1.2 (4th June 2018)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.2 is including:
- Nose gear horn refinements and additional 100 knots IAS threshold limit.
- Turn and slip indicator adjustment.
- Magnetic compass - a fixed index needle was added.
- Aircraft category fixed to 'Experimental' only.
Update to Version v1.1 (10th May 2018)
VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project update v1.1 is including:
3D Modeling - general:
- Cockpit floor rework (modeling and texture).
- Rudder pedals installation.
- Animated canopy strut.
- Installation of the canopy-unlocked buzzer (warning when canopy is unlocked and throttle up to 90%).
- Touchdown sounds refinement and enhancement.
- Landing gears ride vibration effect.
- Additional livery included.
- Refinements of some of the clickable visible green areas for more aesthetic appearance.