The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project
The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project for X-Plane Flight Simulator
The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project:
- Project under constant development: Development plan and evolution are including EVERY aspect of the project (3D modeling and textures, flight dynamics modeling, fmod sounds, interactivity, systems etc...).
- Highly engineered, robust helicopter simulation which pushes X-Plane's out-of-the-box features and flight dynamics model to its extent.
- Highly detailed visualization of the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
- Engineered as a 'Native X-Plane aircraft': Maximum X-Plane compatibility without the use of 3rd party plugins or external coding dependencies.
- Day/Night VFR instrumentation.
- Electronic Pilot Monitor (EPM) - Simplified yet authentic and effective EPM display.
- FULL-VR mode feature, enables to operate and fly the G2 without physical hardware for the pedals.
- Built in compatibility with the AviTab plugin for 3D and VR AviTab visualization and interaction.
- Optional Experimental/LSA grade autopilot included.
- Perfect for new helicopter pilots and for helicopter conversion for fixed wings aircraft pilots - due to its docile flying characteristics and simple yet effective design features.
- Highly responsive support forum.
The Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter:
The Guimbal Cabri G2 is a two-seat helicopter designed by Bruno Guimbal and produced by Hélicoptères Guimbal (France). The G2 initial demonstrator flew in 1992 and entered commercial service in 2008. It received type certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in December 2007. In 2015 it received type certification from the FAA, and began operations in the US.
The Cabri G2 design was implemented also in the Okra 1200 tactical VTOL drone, developed in a joint effort of Guimbal and EADS and initially presented at the Paris Air Show in 2003.
Hélicoptères Guimbal website: http://www.guimbal.com/index.php
C-GELP & C-GUTE
I highly recommend visiting their YouTube channel as is a very useful resource for practical information regarding helicopter flying and specifically the Cabri G2.
Please note that VSKYLABS / VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project are not affiliated with BC Helicopters.
BC Helicopters website: https://www.bchelicopters.com/
Pilot Yellow YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mischagelb
Epic World Tour: https://www.epicworldtour.com/#route