The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project
The Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter:
The Guimbal Cabri G2 is a two-seat helicopter designed by Bruno Guimbal and produced by Hélicoptères Guimbal (France). The G2 initial demonstrator flew in 1992 and entered commercial service in 2008. It received type certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in December 2007. In 2015 it received type certification from the FAA, and began operations in the US.
The Cabri G2 design was implemented also in the Okra 1200 tactical VTOL drone, developed in a joint effort of Guimbal and EADS and initially presented at the Paris Air Show in 2003.
Hélicoptères Guimbal website: http://www.guimbal.com/index.php
The development of the VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project for X-Plane 11 was approved by Hélicoptères Guimbal. Although acknowledged by Hélicoptères Guimbal, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hélicoptères Guimbal.
The default VSKYLABS Cabri G2 variant is carrying the BC Helicopters Cabri G2 (C-GELP) code and paint scheme, and other detailing attributes. BC Helicopters are a Canadian helicopter flight training school, operating the Cabri G2 (also the R44 and the R66). They have a very exciting YouTube channel (called 'Pilot Yellow') in which they share their daily routines, flying practices and world wide adventures. They are currently participating in the EPIC Global Heli Tour, an around-the-world record breaking adventure.
I highly recommend visiting their YouTube channel as is a very useful resource for practical information regarding helicopter flying and specifically the Cabri G2.
Please note that VSKYLABS/VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project are not affiliated with BC Helicopters.
BC Helicopters website: https://www.bchelicopters.com/
Yellow Pilot YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mischagelb
Epic World Tour: https://www.epicworldtour.com/#route
VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project highlight:
- Realistic simulation of the Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter.
- Designed as a "Native-X-Plane" aircraft, pushing X-Plane's out-of-the-box features and physical engine to their limits, without any 3rd party dependencies.
- Focus on handling and performance - The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter is highly engineered to allow a robust helicopter flight simulation using X-Plane. The result is an accurate simulation within reasonable margins when comparing to the real Guimbal G2. Flying and handling characteristics are thoroughly being tested and evaluated by real-world pilots.
- Designed and optimized for full VR operations: although the advantages of physical hardware for cyclic, collective and tail-rotor controls in helicopter simulation are well known, the VSKYLABS G2 project is being developed with full-VR-operations in mind. Extensive VR test flights were made using the VR touch controllers only (without any physical hardware), with several offered solutions for tail-rotor control. These are still being learned and will be implemented in the project to allow full-VR-operations as an options.
- FMOD sounds package included.
- The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project is perfect for basic and 1st helicopter conversion for fixed wings aircraft pilots.
- Instrument panel is featuring a day/night VFR instrumentation:
- Turn coordinator
- Directional gyro
- Artificial horizon
- Vertical speed indicator
- Airspeed indicator
- CDI (course deviation indicator) - optional
- Electronic Pilot Monitor - EPM:
- Basic yet authentic and effective EPM monitor display.
- Not scheduled yet.
- Expected within or during September 2018.