The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: Mini-500 Project
A High Definition Ultralight Single Seat Helicopter Simulation for X-Plane 11.30+
Designed for use with X-Plane's latest Experimental Flight Model
*** COMING SOON ***
The VSKYLABS development of the Revolution Mini-500 project for X-Plane flight simulator was acknowledged by its real-world designer, Mr. Dennis Fetters, who has also contributed several 1st hand reference materials for this project (Thank you!). However, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not affiliated and/or endorsed with the 'Fetters Aerospace Company' and/or Mr. Dennis Fetters.
The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: Mini-500 Project Introduction
The Revolution Mini-500 is an American single seat light helicopter, designed and built in the 90's by Dennis Fetters, as a home-built kit. It is a natural VSKYLABS project selection!
VSKYLABS development approach for this project for X-Plane 11 was as if it was a real home-built effort, similar to the process done with the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project, meaning that it is being designed and developed with a practical engineering/experimental approach along with the use of real reference materials and with extensive research behind it.
The project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Mini-500 simulation along with full VR compatibility. 2-3 variants are planned down the road.
It is a very exciting and unique VSKYLABS project, designed to replicate the initial test-flights and familiarization phase of a new home-built experimental helicopter by its owner.
This project is part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental Flight Model (should be enabled in X-Plane's General Setting menu)
Project Main Features:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Revolution Mini-500, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.30+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready.
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack
- Unique aspects of the Mini-500 helicopter are simulated and are part of the flying experience by definition: Manual engine/rotor RPM management, low rotor-inertia aspects, in-flight nose tuck during engine-stop, rotor RPM management, retreating blade stall condition (Vne), typical Mast bumping, typical autorotation capability and more.
- The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: Mini-500 is designed as if it was a real kit-built helicopter, awaiting for it's first test-flight. Was it built exactly as instructed? Will it fly as expected? wow there is only one way to find out!
- You will have to get to know it step by step...or you might get yourself into serious trouble when mistreating it. Mastering the VSKYLABS Mini-500 will sure make you a better helicopter pilot!
- The original pilot's manual was one of the core-materials during development of this project, and the VSKYLABS Mini-500 pilot's manual is built based on it.
- The project is under constant development.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
Recommended reading resources for the Mini-500
- Mini 500 Kit Copter Revolution (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/mini-500-kit-copter-revolution/
- Revolution Mini 500 Kit Copter Open Day (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/revolution-mini-500-kit-copter/
- Mini 500 Helicopter – From The Presidents Desk (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/mini-500-helicopter-from-presidents-desk/
- Revolution Helicopters Mini 500 Introduction (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/revolution-helicopters-mini-500-introduction/
- Mini 500 Helicopter Flight Test (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/mini-500-helicopter-flight-test/
- Revolution Helicopter Mini 500 Public Debut (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/revolution-helicopter-mini-500-public-debut/
- Gyrocopter King Moves To Mini 500 Helicopter (www.redbackaviation.com): http://www.redbackaviation.com/gyrocopter-king-moves-to-mini-500-helicopter/