THE VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX Project
The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX project
For X-Plane 11
The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX Project
The development of the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX Project for X-Plane 11 was approved by Aeropro. Although acknowledged by Aeropro, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not affiliated with and/or endorsed by Aeropro.
The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX aircraft add-on for X-Plane 11 is a project that is designed with the focus on simplicity and effectiveness. The flight model is tuned to meet with the relevant EuroFOX flight handling characteristics and operation techniques.
The project consists Three versions of the EuroFOX; The Tricycle (Aerotrek 240), the standard Tail wheel version (Aerotrek 220), and the Tundra tires Tail wheel version. All of them with a 100 hp engine. The package contains a zip file with two separate folders within, each folder for each version of X-Plane (X-Plane 11).
The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX project is under constant development. Package updates are to be expected. Update/upgrade plan is including (among other things): 3D modeling, 3D cockpit and aircraft performance refinements. The free updates are being pushed out automatically to all buyers.
EuroFOX background and history
The Aeropro company was formed in 1990, in Slovakia. Since 1999, two versions have been produced; Tricycle and Tail-dragger configurations. Both versions features an enclosed cabin with two-side-by-side seats and folding wings. In Europe, the EuroFOX is sold in both kit form and factory complete form. In the USA, it is only available as a factory built aircraft.
In the USA and Canada, the EuroFOX is marketed by Aerotrek, and it's two versions (Tricycle, Tail-dragger) are named A240 (Tricycle) and A220 (Tail-dragger). Both versions are offered with the 80 hp Rotax 912UL and the 100 hp Rotax 912ULS engines.
- EuroFOX-3K: Tri gear version. Sold in North America as the Aerotrek A240.
- EuroFOX-2K: Tailwheel version. Sold in North America as the Aerotrek A220.
- Note: The VSKYLABS Aeropro Eurofox package is including both the A240 and A220 versions, and a third, modified A220 version for STOL operations, which is equipped also with Tundra tires.
Useful External links and Documents:
Please refer the following documents (Pilot Operating Handbook and Flight Training Supplement) of the real EuroFOX aircraft as the operation manual of the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX for use in X-Plane flight simulator, as well as a supplement for flying the aircraft in X-Plane, in terms of flying characteristics, handling, techniques etc...
- Aeropro Aircraft website:http://www.aeroprosk.com/
- EuroFOX Aviation EuroFOX POH (for both Nose wheel and Tail wheel): http://www.eurofoxuk.co.uk/EuroFOX%20Aviation%20Type%20Approved%20Microlight%20Pilot%20Operating%20Handbook%20issue%206.0.pdf
- A240 (EuroFOX-3K) Pilot Operating Handbook:http://www.aerotrek.aero/manuals/a240-poh.pdf
- A220 (EuroFOX-2K) Pilot Operating Handbook:http://www.aerotrek.aero/manuals/a220-poh.pdf
- A240/A220 Maintenance Manual:http://www.aerotrek.aero/manuals/maintenance-manual.pdf
- EuroFOX LSA Maintenance Manual:http://www.eurofoxuk.co.uk/Maintenance%20Manual%20LSA%20UK%20issue%201.pdf